For Problem Solving and Decision Making
Duration:1 Day, At customers location AND Now On-Line !
Using concepts from our model we created a simple framework for Critical Thinking
We contrast your everyday automatic thinking with Critical Thinking.
Stronger foundation for decisions
More time on getting clear and less time and rework needed for decisions
(Download the Workshop Brochure for more details)
This one day workshop provides attendees with an excellent foundation and set of tools and techniques for Critical Thinking in a variety of situations. The participants practice these tools in exercise sessions using a real individual business issue. Templates, called Thinksheets, are used as a guide for thinking, both in the class, and to aid future out of class use. The course includes:
• A 3 step Critical Thinking Process for solving problems and making decisions
• "Thinksheet" guides for getting clear, reaching a conclusion and making a decision.
• Customized examples and exercises from interviews with attendees prior to workshop
• Critical Thinking Practice and Role Playing with real time issues of the attendees
During the class, the attendees will be applying Critical Thinking to their own current business problem. In this way, when they return to their desk, they already know how to proceed.
We train the attendees in the use of various techniques for Getting Clear, Reaching Conclusions and Making Decisions
Listening to the Answer
Broader / Subordinate
Mulitple curriculums for varied attendees
We also modify the curriculum for the mix of attendees:
• Executives and Business Leaders
• Teams (a Manager and team, or cross functional)
• Supervisors, Managers and Directors
• Individual Contributors
• Mixed class of multiple disciplines and responsibilities
Time and Money spent on the right problem
People working on the right problem or decision
Defendable and Clear Conclusions
Less iterations and redo's
Faster and Quality Decision Making
Weaker foundation for decisions
Less time on getting clear and more time and rework needed for decisions
This Results in ...
What's the benefit of Critical Thinking
Attendees learn Pragmatic Critical Thinking Techniques resulting in;
Faster and higher quality decisions that are more likely to be the correct ones.
Superior solutions to problems, goals, and strategies.
Better understanding of the dynamics between different aspects of a business or project
Innovative ideas and solution
Being better equipped to tackle problems and make decisions on a daily basis.
Critical Thinking skills gained can be applied to:
General problem solving and decision making
New product ideas and creation
Short and long term business strategies
Improved development processes and quality
Improved operational efficiency
Revenue generation and cost reduction strategies
Customer care improvement
Contact us for more information or to schedule a Workshop
Post course 1:1 mini coaching sessions available for followup and continued assistance
• Distinguishing “Automatic” Thinking from “Manual Thinking”
• Benefits of Critical Thinking
• Empty your bucket
- “Get Clear” on a problem to solve or decision to make, and the Clarity Thinksheet
- Inspecting the problem statement
- The tools of Socratic Questioning; Why, So What
- Need vs. Want
- A Family of HeadScratchers
- Create Solutions and the Conclusion Thinksheet
- Applying Inductive & Deductive thinking.
- How facts, observations, experiences, beliefs and assumptions affect your thinking
- Why people come to different conclusions and what to do about it.
- Using Critical Thinking to Influence and Persuade
- Taking action and the Decision Thinksheet
- The Elements of Decision; Who, When and Criteria
- Upsides and Downsides
• Next Steps - Your plan to implement your learning (for yourself and your team)
What's unique about our workshop?
This isn't your ordinary "academic" day. It's not just "theory", but pragmatic, proven techniques for solving real world business problems, strategies and challenges.
We customize the workshop to your business, with real examples and exercises that come from interviews with would be attendees. The attendees learn critical thinking AND see it in action with their own day-to-day issues.