Using concepts from our model we created a simple framework for Critical Thinking
We contrast your everyday automatic thinking with Critical Thinking.
Stronger foundation for decisions
More time on getting clear and less time and rework needed for decisions
We train the attendees in the use of various techniques for Getting Clear, Reaching Conclusions and Making Decisions
Post course 1:1 mini coaching sessions available for followup and continued assistance
Mulitple curriculums for varied attendees
We also modify the curriculum for the mix of attendees:
• Executives and Business Leaders
• Teams (a Manager and team, or cross functional)
• Supervisors, Managers and Directors
• Individual Contributors
• Mixed class of multiple disciplines and responsibilities
Weaker foundation for decisions
Less time on getting clear and more time and rework needed for decisions
What's the benefit of Critical Thinking
Attendees learn Pragmatic Critical Thinking Techniques resulting in;
Faster and higher quality decisions that are more likely to be the correct ones.
Superior solutions to problems, goals, and strategies.
Better understanding of the dynamics between different aspects of a business or project
Innovative ideas and solution
Being better equipped to tackle problems and make decisions on a daily basis.
Critical Thinking skills gained can be applied to:
General problem solving and decision making
New product ideas and creation
Short and long term business strategies
Improved development processes and quality
Improved operational efficiency
Revenue generation and cost reduction strategies
Customer care improvement
Innovation incorporates a Risk Model
What's unique about our workshop?
This isn't your ordinary "academic" day. It's not just "theory", but pragmatic, proven techniques for solving real world business problems, strategies and challenges.
We customize the workshop to your business, with real examples and exercises that come from interviews with would be attendees. The attendees learn critical thinking AND see it in action with their own day-to-day issues.
Advanced Critical Thinking
Duration:1 Day, At customers location
Credibility / Consistency
(Download the Workshop Brochure for more details)
This one day workshop is focused on applying critical thinking to Innovation and builds on skills learned in the “Critical Thinking for Problem Solving and Decision Making” workshop. In this session we continue within the framework with advanced conclusion tools that raise the confidence of a conclusion and exercises to present and critique those conclusions for support, by-in, enrollment and approval. We push through the limits of conclusions with Outside-the-box, Abduction and Impossible critical thinking techniques. We augment the decision tools with a risk tool consisting of 11 components and the concept of fuzzy criteria (i.e. the grey area). In addition, we practice the necessary skill for leadership; that of being a Thinking Coach, i.e. getting others to think critically.
The course objectives include:
• Be more practiced in the 3-step Critical Thinking Process
• Be able to identify the “box” that constrains your current thinking
• Learn techniques to think “outside the box”
• Learn to apply critical thinking for breakthrough results using “abductive” and “impossible” thinking
• Creating credible presentations for buy-in, enrollment and approval
• Understand and practice the tools to sustain a critical thinking environment
• Be a Thinking Coach - Help others to use Critical Thinking and make decisions
• Think through 11 risk factors and how they weigh in
• Be able to apply critical thinking to decisions that are not black and white (“fuzzy” decisions)
During the class, the attendees will be applying Critical Thinking to their own current business problem. In this way, when they return to their desk, they already know how to proceed.
• Clarity - Additional tools to ensure Clarity; (What else and Anticipatory Thinking)
• Conclusions - Create Solutions and the Conclusion Thinksheet
- Credibility and Consistency - Increasing the strength of your premise
- Triangular Thinking – When you can’t know exactly
- Argument Analysis – Review for and against arguments as elements of conclusions
- Presenting your solutions to influence, enroll, and get approval
• Innovation - Creating an environment and stimulating creativity and innovation
- Building a tower
- Thinking Outside-the-Box - Challenging the Premise (What if?, What other?)
- Abductive Thinking - Thinking beyond your experience
- Impossible Thinking -To generate Breakthrough ideas
• Decisions - Taking action and the Decision Thinksheet
- Risk Criteria – A 11 point Risk model that helps you evaluate the risk, w/exercises (Downsides,
Downside Probability, Upside, Upside Probability, Downside Absorption Capability, Ignoring
Statistical Downside, Controllability, Necessity of Upside, Reversibility, Mitigation Strategy,
- Fuzzy Criteria – Not all the criteria of a decision are black and white. This topic looks at the
• Being a Thinking Coach - The rules and role plan
• Next Steps - Your plan to implement your learning (for yourself and your team)
This Results in ...
Process Improvements, Cost Savings, Shortened Schedules,
Creation of top Products and Services
Contact us for more information or to schedule a Workshop